Well, the situation became more interesting as we discovered it wasn’t so easy to get the raisin from Ben’s nose, so now we had to take him to Furness Hospital Children’s Unit, I assume that the Lancaster ward was full.
So we had to travel to Barrow, this is a round trip of about 100 miles from Lancaster.
We drove through rain (torrential) and then sun (glorious) along the South Lakes to be admitted to the Children’s ward. We had a brief assessment and then waited only 15 minutes to see the ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) specialist.
And he could see no raisin.
We held Ben down, a probe was stuck up the nose…no obstruction. There were two possible conclusions:
1. The raisin is hiding at the back of the nose out of sight (not very likely)
2. Ben has swallowed a delicious bogey-flavoured raisin
So, we have to wait, if it is still trapped somewhere he will start to discharge from the nose or develop a chest infection and we will have to return to the hospital. It is far more likely that he has eaten the raisin via his nose.
Oh well, it was a variance to what we had planned today…